The GP3D Type-L RC car - Specifications
Majority of the kit components are 3D printed using the latest printer technology and utilising a range of highest quality modern filaments including;
- Glass fibre infused Nylon
- Carbon fibre infused Nylon
- Polycarbonate (PC blend)
- CPE (tough co-polyester)
- Flexible (TPU) polymers
- PETG/PLA plastic
Rolling Chassis includes:
- All the plastic parts to build the kit, including;
- Design is as close as possible to 1960's period construction, whilst being strong and functional for RC enjoyment
- Body shell and nose cone (comes in flexible white plastic, however other colour Options also available)
- Authentic looking wheels
- Full set (all 4) of Proline VTA tyres/wheels
- Driver (moves with the steering! WOW!)
- Awesome realistic engine and gearbox detailing
- Proline VTA tyres:
- 10139-18 Rear on black rims
- 10140-18 Front on black rims
- ...I'm sure these were modelled on 1960s grand prix cars, they're perfect!
- All hardware (screws, nuts, shims, hinge pins etc)
- Full set of Bearings (20x)
- Springs front and rear
- Gear Differential
- CVD drive shafts
Package Deal includes:
In addition to the complete rolling chassis kit above:
- 2845 sized motor - must be:
- Max: 28mm diameter, Max: 45mm length
- Mounting screw holes must have: 16mm centre-to-centre
- Included in package deal:
- Mini Servo
- Max dimensions: W:23mm x H:12.3mm x L(behind ears):21mm
- Included in package deal:
Available now in our Shop HERE
- ESC (electronic speed control)
- Note: ESC area is restricted to approximately: 46mm length x 28mm width x 24mm height)
- Most ESCs would need to be used WITHOUT the fan installed to fit under the steering column - with the small sized motor they don't get too hot anyway!
- Some suggested known compatible ESCs:
- Hobbywing EzRun 60A Brushless ESC
- QuicRun 10BL60/120 Sensored (used in sensorless mode)
- Racerstar 35A ESC Brushless
- Surpass 35A ESC
- XeRun XR10 Stock Spec (high end race type!)
- Please ask us about any other ESCs --> and we can evaluate if they will fit, for you!
- Transmitter & Receiver
- Note: Receiver space is restricted to approximately: 42mm long x 26mm wide x 22m height
...however if you are still unsure if your electronics will fit (and not intending to buy new components for this build) - contact us with the exact model and dimensions of your ESC and/or Rx and we will evaluate the installation feasibility for you, given the variables we can't guarantee, but can give pretty good recommendation either way!
Battery must be:
- Size: LIPO Shorty 7.4V 2S
- Max dimensions: 96mm x47mm x 26mm
- Smaller will fit, and would require you to add padding to suit
- This part is up to you!
- Please add your passion and modelling skills to finishing off this model with as much detail as you can! The more realistic and period accurate the better!
- Flexible body parts (printed in TPU) can be painted with any RC paint designed for polycarbonate shells, such as the Tamiya PS range.
- We recommend using an old-school cool sticker set, such as those available for purchase directly from MCI Racing.com.
- Even just good old plain British Racing Green, Ferrari Red, McLaren Papaya or Honda White is more than acceptable to reflect historic minimalism!
- Scale: 1/10th on-road
- Wheelbase: 270mm
- Rear Track width: 210mm
- rolling chassis: ~700 grams
- rolling chassis with motor & servo: ~830 grams
- ready to run (depending on your electronics): ~1130 grams
- Electric powered 2845 size brushless motor
- Shorty 2S battery, medium/small ESC
View and download the assembly manual here