RC10GX Gearbox Casing - OPTION B6.x
This is an OPTION gearbox casing for the RC10GX that is compatible with the AE B6.x versions gearbox gears/internals.
Due to the B6 diff gear being very large diameter in comparison with the original Stealth, this gearbox casing must be utilised in conjunction with the modified Rear Bulkhead and modified Rear Arm Mounts. AND VERY IMPORTANT: you will need to dremel out a small recess into the upper surface of the chassis as the diff gear also breaches this plane. This set includes two reference parts; first is a template that defines the area to be recessed, and secondly an insert plate to determine if sufficient material has been removed.
You will need to utilise:
- the B6 Ball diff (as the gear diff is much wider and hence will not fit)
- the smaller 26T idler (from the lay-back or stand-up gearbox types)
This set contains:
- RC10GX B6.x Gearbox Casing - Left x1
- RC10GX B6.x Gearbox Casing - Right x1
RC10GX Gearbox Casing - Standoff x3
- 4-40 socket x3/8"
- Rear Bulkhead - B6.x compatible version
- Rear Arm Mount Blocks - B6.x compatible version
- Chassis dremeling area template
- Chassis recess clearance template
This set does NOT contain all required gearbox hardware, you will need to provide/source any shims, bolts and of course all the required gearbox internals/gears/bearings/shafts/slipper etc.
This casing only uses 3 of the long bolts to mount into the motor plate.
If needed (albeit should not be required), you can add 1/8" shims (not included) under these 3 bolt heads to ensure the bolt thread tips do not protrude too far past the motor plate outer surface.
The fourth front/mid hole accepts a short 4-40 x 3/8" bolt inserted from the left side, to additionally secure the casing halves together.