RC10 Worlds ReRe Gearbox casing
Alternative Gearbox casing for the RC10 Worlds ReRe edition.
This set contains:
- RC10 Worlds Stealth Gearbox Casing - Left x1
- RC10 Worlds Stealth Gearbox Casing - Right x1
- RC10 Worlds Stealth Gearbox Casing - Diff Output Ring x2
- RC10 Worlds Stealth Gearbox Casing - Standoff x3
- 4-40 x 3/8 socket head x1
This set does NOT contain any hardware, you will need to provide/source any shims, bolts and of course all the required gearbox internals/gears/bearings etc.
This casing was developed for my replica of the Masami 1989 Worlds winning Stealth RC10GX, but adapted for the Worlds ReRe with two small differences;
- Idler gear shaft inserts directly into the casing as the ReRe idler houses the bearings (whereas the OG design accepted the bearing directly into the casing with a solid idler gear with shaft)
- The two holes for the top plate are slightly further back to accept the Worlds ReRe carbon gearbox top plate
Also compatible with our RC10'91 Detroit conversion kit.
This casing only uses 3 of the long bolts to mount into the motor plate. Should not be required, but if needed you can add 4-40 shims (not included) under these 3 bolt heads to ensure the bolt thread tips do not protrude too far past the motor plate outer surface. And hence ensure the slipper plates not not touch/rub on the bolt tips.
The fourth front/mid hole accepts a short 4-40 x 1/2" bolt (not included) to secure the casing halves together. Refer photo with blue circles indicating the short bolt position.
The top layshaft will have some side play intentionally so as to allow shimming to the right to increase clearance from the motor plate and bolt tips that was extremely close tollerance on te ReRe.
I recommend: 3x 3/16" x 0.010 shims thickness which measures approx 0.8mm
The separate diff output rings clip into the casing, however it is recommended to also add a couple of drops of super glue to secure them in place to avoid them popping off.